A mind-boggling 314 bottles of nail polish live in my house. Somehow they just keep creeping in!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Subtle" Glitter bomb


Hey guys! What's up?

What's up for me is that I did something on my nails that I never thought I would ever do.  

That's right.

A french manicure.  

*crickets*

Since I've never had one, it was interesting to see what it looked like on my hands, and I admit it was nice and clean looking (though it also got me wondering if that's what my nails would look like naturally if they weren't polish-stained, ha).  

However, it didn't last even half an hour before I decided to bedazzle it!

I tried out two different effects, and I want you ladies to tell me which one you like better.

The polishes I used are:

Revlon Scene Stealer - My favorite sheer jelly polish, because it leans pink, just like my skin tone.  
China Glaze White on White - I've never used this alone, but for nail art work it is just the right consistency and fairly opaque.
Claire's Bedazzled - my favorite rainbow glitter.  It has large hexes of all colors, but also lots of blue microglitter to fill space on the nail.  It is very dense for a glitter topcoat and easy to work with - no poking glitter with your brush to try and make it stay where you want it to.


So, on my left hand I did: two coats scene stealer, two coats white on the tip, one coat scene stealer to soften things, then one coat of Bedazzled.  Finished product: 

Indirect sunlight:
Direct sunlight:
This one is definitely worth biggifying to see all the individual types of glitter!



And on my right hand, I did a variation on the same thing, but changed the layers: two coats white on the tip, one coat scene stealer, one coat bedazzled, one coat scene stealer.  The resulting jelly sandwich looks like this:


Indirect sunlight:
My right hand is shy to be seen on this blog, since the index and middle finger won't grow longer than that no matter WHAT I try.  I think I use them too much, even though I try not to.
Direct sunlight:


And then, before removing this three days later, I added an extra coat of scene stealer to my ring finger on my left hand, for comparison pictures.  (Left to right: without, with, without top sheer layer).



 So, what's the verdict? Which way do you like better?

Maria





4 comments:

  1. Ooo, I like this! The french mani is a nice clean base for looks like this.
    I don't have a preference for the Scene Stealer shot, although maybe *with* it your nail beds match your skintone more?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love your comments, and will try to reply to all of them!