A mind-boggling 314 bottles of nail polish live in my house. Somehow they just keep creeping in!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 7 - Black and White

Hi again!  My internet is finally up again, which means I can resume posting on a regular schedule. Yay!  So that means I have yesterday's and today's nail to show you.

Day 7 of the challenge is Black and White.  I'm really quite proud of these nails!! And according to google images, nobody else has ever done this type of nail art before: skunk nail art! Don't diss it 'til you look at the pictures, yo :P

I mostly used standard polishes today, black, white, unnamed pink striper... however, on my thumb I have the holo-iest holographic nail polish ever! Collistar Nero Lurex! Unfortunately, I am still using my iphone (where is that package with my camera??), so I couldn't really capture it well in the pictures.... 

Collistar Nero Lurex applies like a dream! Opaque in one coat.  That is, if you can managed to stop looking at the constantly shifting color spectrum in the bottle! Once I broke out of my trance, it applied very well and dried a tiny bit gritty.  That wasn't a problem to me, it was nothing some top coat couldn't solve :) But I actually just stuck this polish on my thumb because it was an untried and I couldn't wait any longer to use it! The main star of the mani is:

the nail art!  Yes, it is a skunk. A very cute skunk.  Harmless.  This is how I like my skunks - painted.  No danger of stink spray.

Sorry I went a little pic crazy, but I don't think you'll mind :)

The black holo Collistar:

(indoor dim light)


(bright light) Ta-da!



Other polishes:


And the most important part!






(Unfortunately it got rainy while I was doing these and I couldn't capture the holo in my thumb :( oh well )







 So, what's the final verdict? Skunk nails - cute or weird?

I'm off to write today's post too,

Maria :)


8 comments:

  1. may I comment that although this is a skunk, it's friggin adorable? I miiiiight have to steal that sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised! I didn't plan to paint a skunk, but the challenge was black and white and skunk was the first thing that popped into my mind, so I figured, why not? If I do it again, I might try to paint a bushy black tail with white stripe on my thumb

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Quelle est? Ah, le belle femme skunk fatale." I say it's weirdly cute (or cutely weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect gay sizegenetics depends on the perfect male sizegenetics who will perform this for you. You really want to take care that you get the fitting guy on the job so that you really really aren't disappointed when using the results. The great thing about hiring someone from an agency to give you a male sizegenetics is which you just get to choose who you'd like for job. Usually there are photos that you choose and can examine that show the men which might be performing the services and what they charge. You possibly can take your pick from those which you simply like after you give consideration to your site together with the photos.
    http://buysizegeneticsonline.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love your comments, and will try to reply to all of them!