A mind-boggling 314 bottles of nail polish live in my house. Somehow they just keep creeping in!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 1: What you like most about Christmas


Hello all!

Time for another challenge, one that I'll actually finish this time!  Christmas is my favorite part of the year, tied only with the first month of summer :) so I couldn't turn down this challenge!

Day 1 is a manicure themed about what you love the most about Christmas.  What I love the most about Christmas is seeing decorations everywhere and feeling such a part of the community.  Even with all the stresses of the holidays, I feel like it is pretty impossible to be sad while walking down a street with Christmas lights on all the houses.

My manicure's base color was 3 coats of Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.  This is a beautiful and unique green polish, it has noticeable tiny flakies and glass flecks that give it an unparalleled depth! Then I put a matte top coat on it, and added white dots, then went over them to add color to my Christmas lights <3

(Pardon the cleanup, I know I only cleaned two nails....because I DROPPED MY PAINTBRUSH IN THE PURE ACETONE AND IT DISSOLVED! ha. ha. ha.  Frustrating though.  Lost a brand new brush and a giant bottle of pure acetone.  Sigh. Trials of being a nail blogger.)





So there you have it, my favorite part about Christmas is the Christmas lights :) What is your favorite part about Christmas, or the holiday that you celebrate?



The other bloggers doing this challenge are:

Claire Gallaugher - Purple Fairy Dust All Things Beautiful

Emma Hoop - Manicurity

Kerrie Black- PhishPosh and Polish

Bee Justice - Bee Polished

Zoe Garner - Obsessive Compulsive Nail Painting Disorder

Felicia Banuelos- Confessions of a Nail Polish Junkie

Lisa Armstrong-Waite - Happy Nails

Julie Rivard - Tales of Knit and Nails

Alyssa Dees - No Junk Nail

Arielle Stephenson - Only Always Soccermom 

Merry Christmas!

Maria

3 comments:

  1. My favorite part of Christmas is all the knitting I do for presents. :-) Oh, and seeing all of our Christmas ornaments crammed on the tree. It makes it really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. the polka dot mani is gorge! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it comes to eating after having acupuncture done, play bazaar
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love your comments, and will try to reply to all of them!