A mind-boggling 314 bottles of nail polish live in my house. Somehow they just keep creeping in!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 3: Snow Globe


Ciao pretty ladies!

Day 3 of this challenge is themed like a snow globe.  Yes, just like every other person who saw this theme, I did contemplate doing pastel nails with China Glaze Snow Globe on top. But no! I had to take it to the next level, and I'm really glad I did.

Base color is China Glaze Secret Periwinkle, a color I have been crushing on for a long time, and I finally received it in a swap, with Sinful Colors Unicorn, Envy, and Green Ocean! How exciting! I love saving money by swapping rather than buying new polish, don't you?

....


...

What, you mean to tell me that sending nail polish to random strangers in exchange for other nail polish isn't a normal thing to do?

...

...

Oh.

I don't see myself stopping anytime soon though! I much prefer trading nail polish to trading something like baseball cards! :D

Four of the nails in today's design have just a tip of CG Snow Globe, to represent all the fake snow in a snow globe when it has fallen to the ground.  The accent nail is a actual snow globe! With a teeeeeny tiny Christmas tree.  Base is Milani Red Sparkle (one coat glitter collection) and the tree is SC Envy (also from my swap).  I painted another layer of snow globe over the globe, but it was denser than I thought, and covered the image pretty much, making it hard to see and photograph. But I'm ok with that, it's like a real snow globe swirling with snow.





GLITTER

This is my right hand, for once, since I couldn't bear to take the Dear Santa off my left hand! I had quite fun taking this progression of pictures, getting closer and closer to the camera.

Now for the important question - do you even have a snowglobe? When's the last time you've actually shaken one? I can't remember for me!



The other bloggers doing this challenge are:

Claire Gallaugher - Purple Fairy Dust All Things Beautiful

Emma Hoop - Manicurity

Kerrie Black- PhishPosh and Polish

Bee Justice - Bee Polished

Zoe Garner - Obsessive Compulsive Nail Painting Disorder

Felicia Banuelos- Confessions of a Nail Polish Junkie

Lisa Armstrong-Waite - Happy Nails

Julie Rivard - Tales of Knit and Nails

Alyssa Dees - No Junk Nail

Arielle Stephenson - Only Always Soccermom 

Merry Christmas!

Maria

1 comment:

  1. There are many alternative treatments you can seek out, including acupuncture. To learn more about how it can help you, read on. play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love your comments, and will try to reply to all of them!