A mind-boggling 314 bottles of nail polish live in my house. Somehow they just keep creeping in!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 14 - Flowers

Hello all! I've had a very tough week, but today I was finally feeling up to painting my nails again... Resuming where I left off, we have day 14 of the challenge - flowers!  I haven't done a floral mani before, they always seem so intimidating.

Well, to make things even more interesting, I decided to make today another first: my first time stamping! :) It was trickier than I expected.

I started with a base of Sally Hansen - Very Cherry.  It is a strange name, since it looks very pink to me.  I got this from the clearance bin at Target actually, for $1, and wouldn't you know it, it is a near dupe to OPI Be a Dahlia Won't You? It is pretty, but not my first choice color for the future. Too muggle, haha.








I have a small stamping kit I picked up in Italy, it came with one default plate, so I can't tell you a plate # for it.  I attempted -- and partially failed, partially succeeded -- at placing these randomly all over my nails.  It was an interesting look, reminded me of a Hawaiian shirt! 
(These are the pics in progress - no cleanup yet)



Please forgive the sideways pictures - I'm trying out the new blogger iphone app! And while I *love* it, there is no way to rotate pictures. 
Now, I had in mind from the beginning the idea of doing a jelly sandwich - with stamping instead of glitter on the middle.  So I put one more coat of Very Cherry on top. I really liked the idea, and it is a great way to make subtle nail art, but in the future I will use a polish that is a little bit more sheer and jelly, since this one hid the flowers just a tad bit too much, in my opinion.








Well, that's it for tonight! 

Have a great nail day,
Maria 

2 comments:

Hi! I love your comments, and will try to reply to all of them!